Sunday, June 5, 2011

Open & Close

"When a door closes, a new one opens". Oh, how that adage has proved true this week. I waited three months to hear back on a job opportunity only to find out last friday that the company decided not to open the position. I dreamed about having this job, it was exactly what I wanted to do.

But, an opportunity almost identical to that one opened up this week, too. The company wants to fill the position fast, so if they find that I'm a good fit, hopefully I'll have good news soon.

I've learned so much over these past 5 months that I have months of blog material floating in my head right now.

I continue to love this year of law school. The classes are much more interesting and shorter. I find more and more that I'm drawn to drafting wills and estate planning. While I don't think I want to do that exclusively, I can see it making up a sizable portion of my law practice.

I'm doing more work for my father, which has given me invaluable insight and experience. I'm grateful that I have the unique opportunity to learn the hands-on application of the law. 

For now, I look ahead, with the constant reminder that I'm simply in a legal incubator. I'm soaking in the training and learning all I can. Because one day soon, I'll be making difficult legal decisions, and it better be the right ones. 



No comments: