Friday, January 28, 2011

Landing a J-O-B

This is temporarily going to become my blog about becoming employed in a full-time job. It seems that some days there are three or four jobs that cry out "That's me!", while other days there's absolutely nothing that fits my skill set.

As of today, I've applied for 11 jobs, spanning various fields. My primary focus is getting a legal assistant/paralegal position. It makes the most sense since I now have only 2 years of law school left.

So far, I've had one phone interview and one other response which I have a gut feeling was a scam. Who in the world scams for a law firm job?

Yesterday was by far the most emotionally exhausting day in this hunt for a new job. Today is much better.   The past few days have been much for fruitful, with more relevant job openings appearing. In the last 2 days alone, I've applied for 6 jobs, all of them I could see myself working in.

I'll try to do daily posts or semi-daily posts. I think it will be fascinating to look back on these posts once I'm working full-time again.

In the meantime, I'm working as many hours as I can at Fulin's (sigh, but a thankful sigh)

-Jesse

No comments: