Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Prospects and Pencil-Breaking

I'm officially done with craigslist job postings. It seems that almost everytime I apply for a "legit" job, I get a spam email within the next 24 hours. Aside from that, there is a potential good opportunity in the works.

I'm constantly reminding myself that this job search will take some time. I keep wanting to press the accelerator, while it seems everything around me is pressing the brake pedal. I think I've pretty much conquered this situation mentally. It took about 2 weeks to settle into reality and comes to grips and peace with what happened.

There's a still small voice that reminds me that in the grand scheme that is my life, this is simply a small plateau.

In things more relevant to the origins of this blog, I have a mock bar exam on Saturday. It covers all the material I've learned thus far during my first 2 years. All we're required to do is simply take it. They reveal the names of those who pass it. Classes past have only had a small handful of people pass, so I'm not really going all out for it.

I'm not excited that 7 hours of my Saturday will be spent head-scratching and pencil-breaking.

For now, I'm patiently waiting to see how God pans out a very positive prospective job. I'll keep you updated as things progress.

-Jesse

No comments: