Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 1: Tossing and Turning (Part 1)

It's now 2am. The day of the bar exam. I'm awake. Haven't slept. Yet in seven hours I'll be beginning the test I've spent two months preparing for.

It's now 3am. I've punched my pillow countless times out of frustration.

It's 3:30am. Seriously, I'm still awake. This is not cool.

6:30 a.m. I managed three hours of sleep. Fortunately, there's not a dress code for taking the bar. I throw on jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket.

6:45 a.m. I'm at the gas station, deciding what sweet nectar will carry me through this day. Starbucks iced coffee. That's a good start. I'll need a carryover for the afternoon. Red Bull is on sale? That'll do.

7:15 a.m. I'm at the hotel where I'll be taking the bar. Forget that I've only slept three hours. I'm amped, nervous, anxious.

9:00 a.m. HERE WE GO. DAY 1 is underway!

No comments: