Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 2: Pawn Stars (Part 1)

I left Day 1, essay day, of the bar exam feeling good. Since there are over twenty possible subjects to be tested and only nine essays, it's like spinning the wheel on a game show, only that your "prize" is a 30 minute recitation of law.

Since I only got 3 hours of sleep that night, I would sleep like a baby, right?

I went to sleep at 10 p.m. 

I woke up at 4am. I'm amped and ready for Day 2 of the bar. WHY? Why can I not get a decent night sleep? Body, don't you know that we have another mental grind today? Ugh.

I turn the TV on in the living room to keep me occupied. Nothing but informericals.

I begin to watch several episodes of Pawn Stars on demand. It's my favorite way to pass time.

7:30 a.m. I throw on some jeans and a t-shirt again.

7:45 a.m. I'm back at the gas station again. Starbucks iced coffee and more Red Bull. That combo seemed to work yesterday, why mess with good luck?

8:15 a.m. I'm at the hotel ready for Day 2. But now I'm not amped. I'm exhausted from only getting nine hours of sleep over the past two days. Not good.

No comments: