Wednesday, April 10, 2013

T-Minus 6

Now it's 6 days before the bar exam.

For the past two months, I've woken up at 6:30am, gone to work, watched 3-4 hours of lectures, spent another few hours reviewing notes, taking practice tests, etc. There are days where I literally cannot fit any more legal knowledge into my brain.

I've had more than a few "bad days" where I wasn't scoring well on practice tests. My father, a practicing attorney, has peeled me off the emotional floor a few times.

At 6 days out, I finally feel good. I don't know everything about every subject, but I feel well enough equipped to pass. The next few days are all about maintaining my knowledge and refinement of understanding.

My wife has been a constant clanging gong (and rightfully so) that I HAVE TO TAKE BREAKS. I find it hard to shut my brain off. I find it hard to simply...relax. I often wake up in the middle of the night reminding myself of constitutional criminal procedures, whether or not the mortgagee clogged the equitable right of redemption, and other scary nightmares.

For any of you up and coming law school kids, or those thinking about being a lawyer, ye be forewarned.

No comments: