Friday, April 5, 2013

The Elephant in the Room

In the middle of putting these bar exam diary blogs together I began to wrestle with myself on when/how I should publish them. One of the driving fears in the back of mind mind was "What if I don't pass?"

Will I be embarassed that I took the time to document months of work for what turned out to be an unsuccessful attempt? Will I shut down my social media outlets and go pout in the corner, ashamed that I failed ?

I'll be honest. I'm scared shitless that my results come out next Friday. I'm scared that I'll embarass myself for posting blogs about studying if it turns out I failed.

The hard, cold fact is that law students fail the bar. I have tried looking at statistics of bar passage rates for comfort. I even Googled, "How can I know I passed the TN bar before results are posted?" One of my weaknesses is the "need for now". I want instant results. That doesn't exctly jive with a six-week waiting period.

I went ahead and made reservations next Friday evening for a celebratory dinner. I don't care if it's considered bad luck. Heck, I'll probably still go (sans popping champagne) even if I failed.

I have several more posts about taking the bar exam, including a disastrous late night experience the night before the bar began. I'm waffling back and forth on whether I want to share them before or after getting the results. Stay tuned!

No comments: